David Phan

What’s up, beautiful people?? I’m David. I was born and raised in Toronto and completed my undergrad at the University of Waterloo. Aside from my interest in optometry and science, I have a fascination with psychology, philosophical thought, eudemonia, and the inner workings of the mind. Seriously, I love that stuff.

Optometry and I have had an on-again-off-again relationship since early in my high school career. I’m happy to report that we’ve worked out our differences and have been together without issue since 2013. Optometry is a good fit for me now; it allows me to apply a lot of my interests, and there’s a lot of room to grow. I love seeing the smiles on patients’ faces when they see great patient-doctor interactions, the puzzle-like quality of the work involved, and realize they’re in good hands

I am curious by nature and like to dabble in anything that captures my attention. To be honest, that leaves me with a lot of unfinished projects. I like a lot of things- reading and writing, art, TV and movies, video games, music, and more. Time is an issue for me.

So, yea. That’s me. Don’t be afraid to say “Hi” if you see me on campus. ☮

Read David Phan's Posts