Luke Neuenfeldt

The first thing people notice about me is my long hair. But, if you can see past that, there is a lot more to the picture. I have spent my whole life in Michigan. I grew up in a suburb of Flint, attended Ferris State University, earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology, and interviewed at six optometry schools before realizing that ICO was the clear choice.

With that being said, I love to travel and am always ready to. I also enjoy and have played all sports, but only stuck with soccer since starting college. I listen to a wide variety of music with the exception of country. I usually devote my free time to working out, and the remainder of it to a good show or movie on Netflix.

My path to optometry school has been direct, for the most part. I began working for my father at his practice when I was 16. I applied to and attended the only school in Michigan that had a Pre-optometry program. After finishing my degree, I was admitted into graduate school. I have always known that optometry is the field I want to make a career in.

You will most likely see me around campus, in the gym, or maybe studying in a discrete corner. Growing up as the middle child, I won’t usually say much unless there is something to be said. However, if I get started on a topic, I can be quite talkative. Nonetheless, I look forward to meeting all of my classmates and am excited to get to know everyone over the next 4 years.

Read Luke Neuenfeldt's Posts