Samantha Dodda

“But… what if they call me four eyes??” These were the first words my five-year-old self uttered after my optometrist told me that I would need glasses. From a young age, I was no stranger to the eye doctor. However, it was not until late in my undergraduate schooling where I could see (pun intended) myself being the captain behind the ship… or phoropter, in this case.

My schooling at the University of Missouri- Kansas City was tumultuous, to say the least. Starting off in an intensive pre-health professions track, I struggled. A lot. I know what it’s like to fail. I also overcame. I have learned and grown into the still-developing individual I am today. I am well aware that my time at ICO will be marked by even more changes in both lifestyle and mentality, and look forward to embarking on this journey hand-in-hand with the Class of 2020. (20/20! Come on, it doesn’t get better than that, folks.)

Outside my passion for the windows to the soul and talking to people (a little too much), I like making lists, eating pasta, going to museums, and dogs. The things most important to me are family, friends, and helping out to make the world a better place, even if I am only one person.

I look forward to writing about the many eccentric thoughts that continually take up residence in my mind, and am stoked to come back to my home state to be a part of the Illinois College of Optometry family!

Read Samantha Dodda's Posts