Scott Gabreski

scott

I grew up in small-town Warren, Pa. and decided to head out to the East Coast to major in marine biology at the University of New Hampshire. During my four years there I learned a lot about myself, including my choice to pursue optometry. I always envied those people who knew exactly what job they wanted since age five. Myself? I had a new idea every year. At first I was set on being an Olympian or professional athlete, but then reality set in. My thoughts progressed into teaching, working as an aquarist, psychiatry; I even dabbled with researching green sea urchins to no avail. That all changed after I took a course on sensation and perception that led me to the wonderful world of eyes. It brought back fond memories of receiving my contacts for the first time and how important vision is. I took a look into optometry as a future profession, shadowed at a local practice, and BAM—I was hooked. Next came the research, applications, interviews, and after all that? I can now say I’m at my top choice school learning about something I can genuinely be excited about, and what an awesome feeling that is.

Read Scott’s posts

Read ICO Communications's Posts