Sidrah Khan

I am the daughter of Pakistani immigrants, born and raised in the Chicagoland area. Growing up, I always admired how hard my family worked, and strived to incorporate this hardworking nature into my own character. In fact, I started working at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts at the age of sixteen.

I graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a Molecular and Cellular Biology degree. While I was in school I decided to get another part-time job, this time at LensCrafters. This was my initial exposure to the world of eye care. In no time, my love for our round shaped eyeballs eclipsed my love for round shaped desserts. I knew that optometry school was the place for me.

After undergrad, I took a few years off to pay back loans and gain more experience in the field. I also completed a post-baccalaureate program and received a degree in Medical Sciences. After all of this, I was lucky enough to be admitted into my top choice school, ICO.

There are many reason why ICO was my top choice. Including the obvious: ICO has one of the strongest optometry programs in the nation, and it was a privilege to have been admitted. I felt an overwhelming feeling of distinction when walking through the doors of ICO, and knew instantly it was an honor to be part of this legacy. The less obvious reason is not due to my sweet tooth this time, but because of Bulls Nation and all that Chicago has to offer. If I’m not studying, you will probably find me at a museum, concert, or eating something savory.

The next few years are bound to be challenging and undoubtedly filled with hard work. I am extremely excited to learn and grow into the professional that I’ve always wanted to be, and I hope that you will take this journey with me. P.S. Don’t forget your sweet tooth and Bulls gear!

Read Sidrah Khan's Posts