top of page
Search
  • Writer's pictureLFaits

The Little Goat Diner

After a long week of exams and our BIO, tono, gonio, and 78/90 practicals, a few friends and I decided to go out and celebrate. I found the Little Goat Diner (the same owners of Girl and the Goat) on accident after there was a five-hour wait at Au Chevel. I had seen the menu once before, but once we had found the location, it went to the top of the list of places to try.

The benefit of going with a group of 4 is that we could sample a bunch of different foods. They have a wide variety. There are brunch items, burgers, and home style foods like winter stew.

We ended up ordering creamy mac and cheese, goat chili cheese fries, and tempura mashed potatoes for appetizers. I think everyone had a different favorite. For our entrees, I ordered the Fat Club. Someone ordered the Los Drowned, a hoagie with braised beef, havarti, avocado, and pickled peppers and onions. Another ordered the Bull’s Eye french toast, which was french toast topped with chicken, strawberries, a sweet onion brioche, BBQ maple syrup, and a poached egg in the middle.

Above all, the “wow factor” was the Goat Almighty burger. It consists of a goat burger, braised beef, BBQ pork, pickled jalapeños, salsa verde, onion rings, and cheddar. Someone even came over to watch the first bite be taken.

For dessert, we tried the Choc-o-lot sundae, which to be honest, was the biggest disappointment of the meal. I think Little Goat is known for its shakes, but the smoked pork and toffee crunch shake did not sound too appetizing after we were already stuffed.

Los Drowned

Los Drowned

Goat Almighty

Goat Almighty

Compared to some restaurants, this place has huge windows, and is super bright. They have big booths and couch material that goes up to the ceiling. The wall paper reminds me of my great grandma’s house, but it makes a very cool atmosphere. They also have a photo booth to remember the great meal you just had.

Little Goat Diner would be a great place to go if your dream date is to go out and eat. It is found in the West Loop. If you aren’t in the mood for a full meal, there is an attached bakery that sells homemade bagels, cakes, and other desserts. While I didn’t try one, I heard they have lattes infused with Golden Grahams cereal, making it a perfect place for a brunch date.

Choc-O-Lot

Choc-O-Lot

Comments

bottom of page